Flat Plan
When doing the magazine flat plan, I chose to separate the articles with ads similarly to those in the magazine that I researched. All of the articles on my flat plan revolve around the following: health, skincare, dieting, exercise, mental wellness, Op-Eds, and workout apparel. I have 50 ads and about 25 articles and most of the articles take up 1 or 2 pages, based on how I thought the articles would be written. However, I included one featured article that take up three pages because I thought it would be longer and could possibly be written in more detail. Consequently, most of my articles surround activities in Sarasota because our target audience is local teens and young adults. Most of the titles ask rhetorical questions or small catch phrases to draw our readers in. There is a wide range of articles, from "Benefits of Veganism" to "Active Apparel of the Year" that are unique to our magazine. In my group, we came up with specific articles we would have in every issue such as Local Residents, 'We Asked You!' and also a Budgeting piece to create a more local brand. Continually my articles "Soul Cycle- Worth the Hype?and "Why Try Juice Cleanse" include Op-Eds to add the authors point of view on the topic; I also chose to do Op-Eds because we saw a few in the magazines we researched. Creating this flat plan has helped me get a better look into the design and feel of my magazine also providing the benefit of creating a specific style of my project.

Comments
Post a Comment