Scheduling Photo Shoots

My first interaction with my cover model, Jake Ilardi, was when I met him at the skate park to do his photo shoot; we later realized the weather was not going to let us do the photo shoot at the park.  His interview and photo shoot happened to be on the same day because he had just come into town the night before from California, where he lives. I would've taken pictures and interviews much sooner than the 19th, but Jake was only here for a short amount of time and I wanted to do the interview in person rather than over the phone. I decided to take action shots of Jake doing tricks in the skateboarding strip rather than a skate park because the weather did not permit taking any sort of photos outside during the time Jake was in town. I enjoyed working with Jake because he was very easygoing and was able to do everything I asked and I chose this selection of pictures because they represent what he is best at. During the process of scheduling, I had to stay in touch with Jake as he got into Florida and plan my schedule around his. He got into town early, Tuesday morning and we planned to meet after school on Wednesday at Payne Park, but the weather started to get really bad. Strong rain and winds were scheduled to occur right when our photo shoot was scheduled. Luckily, the other man that I was going to interview has a skateboarding strip above the gym near where he works. We met in the skateboarding strip and I was able to get pictures of Jake doing some of his best tricks. It was very inspiring to see someone work as hard as him and I was very proud of the pictures I took even with the complications. Even though I would have much rather taken the pictures at an outside venue, it worked out that Jake was available at the same time as Tim Storck, the other skateboarder that will be featured in my article. Additionally, both Jake and Tim grew up in Sarasota, Florida so it appeals to the local audience viewing our magazine.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Target Audience Research- Self

Revisions- Article

Revisions- Table of Contents