CCR Draft #1

How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

Throughout my individual project, and our magazine as a whole,  my group and I have researched multiple magazines to determine which conventions we would use and challenge. Overall, I have been able to mimic their style and formats to follow magazine conventions. On my cover page, I started with creating my title. We chose 'Sota Wellness in all capital letters similar to Self magazine to create a bold and confident atmosphere which will ultimately encourage our readers to have the same mindset. I then continued to incorporate more conventions like the layout of the cover model on the cover page. Jake Ilardi, my cover model who is also featured in my 2 page spread, is positioned in the center of the page with his head overlapping the 'W' and the 'E' in Wellness. This layout/convention is used in multiple fitness and health magazines such as Health, Women's Health, Men's Health, and Self magazines. Along with the title and cover model, our subheadings for our featured articles are also very similar to what we observed when researching. By utilizing WordArt, bold fonts, and catchy phrases, we were able to create a similar layout to show our audience what each issue was about and the articles that would be included. Surrounding the cover model, the subheadings and article titles create a border, which was a very prominent aspect of the magazines that my group and I researched. Furthermore, we decided to include some forms of branding on our cover pages to match the style of those same magazines. These conventions helped the marketing process and would help our distribution process in the future. I used the branding conventions on the cover and Table of Contents. Along with branding, the format of the Table of Contents and 2 page article spread follow the same design as the magazines I researched. The large title on my table of contents being 'Sota Wellness, is very similar to Women's Health and Health magazine's Table of Contents and the larger page number on the Table of Contents also follow standard conventions used in magazines. Another convention I used was an "In Every Issue" column that health and fitness magazines have to show continuity. And finally on my 2 page spread and Table of Contents, I included captions for my pictures to aid the reader and follow conventions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Target Audience Research- Self

Revisions- Article

Revisions- Table of Contents