CCR Draft #4
How did you integrate technologies - software, hardware, and online - in this project?
To create the best possible product, and magazine as a whole, I had to utilize multiple forms of technology, apps, and websites. Initially, to conduct research for my magazine, it was easiest to use online magazine websites to find out more about their marking and distribution processes. Further, these magazines have Media Kits attached to their websites for their audiences to learn more about their digital distribution, traditional distribution, social media followers, and the total number of subscribers to their magazine.
The next thing I was required to do was take pictures in a photo-shoots for my entire magazine. I was able to take all my pictures over the span of 3 days and that was really helpful. I used a Canon EOS 1200D and it was very reliable during the different times of day and the weather was also not very good so the camera was able to adapt to each environment. I also learned how to use the burst mode (continuous mode) when I had to take pictures of my cover model for my 2 page article spread. When I was with Jake Ilardi at the skateboard strip I learned that in order to take pictures of someone moving fast paced, your must use burst mode.
Soon after, I had to edit them to make them match the appeal of product. The software I used for this was Photoshop and Microsoft Publisher. I learned techniques on the Photoshop in how to remove someone from the background of a picture, edit pictures, and format pictures inside Microsoft Publisher. Before this project, I had never used Publisher but I was proficient in Microsoft Word so it wasn't hard to grasp the different concepts. As for my cover page, I utilized guidelines to determine the layout and format as for where my cover model would be placed. Other than my cover model, I had to determine where to put my subheadings and featured article titles. Multiple time, I had to change the format of my subheadings, however I wasnt very hard because the software was not hard to use and understand.
To create the best possible product, and magazine as a whole, I had to utilize multiple forms of technology, apps, and websites. Initially, to conduct research for my magazine, it was easiest to use online magazine websites to find out more about their marking and distribution processes. Further, these magazines have Media Kits attached to their websites for their audiences to learn more about their digital distribution, traditional distribution, social media followers, and the total number of subscribers to their magazine.
The next thing I was required to do was take pictures in a photo-shoots for my entire magazine. I was able to take all my pictures over the span of 3 days and that was really helpful. I used a Canon EOS 1200D and it was very reliable during the different times of day and the weather was also not very good so the camera was able to adapt to each environment. I also learned how to use the burst mode (continuous mode) when I had to take pictures of my cover model for my 2 page article spread. When I was with Jake Ilardi at the skateboard strip I learned that in order to take pictures of someone moving fast paced, your must use burst mode.
Soon after, I had to edit them to make them match the appeal of product. The software I used for this was Photoshop and Microsoft Publisher. I learned techniques on the Photoshop in how to remove someone from the background of a picture, edit pictures, and format pictures inside Microsoft Publisher. Before this project, I had never used Publisher but I was proficient in Microsoft Word so it wasn't hard to grasp the different concepts. As for my cover page, I utilized guidelines to determine the layout and format as for where my cover model would be placed. Other than my cover model, I had to determine where to put my subheadings and featured article titles. Multiple time, I had to change the format of my subheadings, however I wasnt very hard because the software was not hard to use and understand.
Comments
Post a Comment